Lobby for the Rivers Day
Thursday, March 30th
OARS is joining the Massachusetts Rivers Alliance and other river advocates in the first-ever Lobby for the Rivers Day at the State house in Boston! The new administration in Washington has already taken steps to weaken federal river protection, while drought, water pollution and climate disruption continue.
What can we do? Support the excellent new legislation being filed at the state level! We need to show our lawmakers that river protection should be a high priority in Massachusetts.
Please join us at the state house to ask our legislators to:
- Support key legislation to improve river health around the state
- Strengthen the budgets for environmental agencies that protect rivers, and
- Show our legislators that rivers have a strong and vocal constituency!
How You Can Participate:
Now: Let us know you're coming. Register here by Friday, March 24 by 5 pm
Monday, March 27: Mass Rivers Alliance will email you briefing materials
Thursday, March 30th, Lobby for the Rivers Day schedule:
- 11:00 am: Meet at the State house, Room 350. Mass. Rivers Alliance will provide a brief training and share talking points for relevant bills and water-related budget items. We will also hear from the event's legislative co-sponsors, Rep. Carolyn Dykema, and Sen. Jamie Eldridge- both from the SuAsCo watershed!
- Noon-3:00 pm (or until done): Meet with your state senators and representatives to make the case for stronger protections and investment in our waterways. We will set up these meetings for you.
- Noon - 4 pm: Debrief & snacks at 14 Beacon Street (across from the State House), First Floor Conference Room.
Thank You to Representative Carolyn Dykema (Holliston) and Senator Jamie Eldridge (Acton) for co-sponsoring this event.
Questions? Call Gabby Queenan, Policy Specialist for Mass Rivers Alliance at (857) 445-0208.